Tasteful summer vacation in Austria
Main thing active – absolutely relaxed
The warm season in Altenmarkt means a lot of possibilities to spend time together in the fresh mountain air. You can start your active time out directly from your apartment. At lofty heights, during sporty downhill runs on two wheels or when teeing off on one of the numerous surrounding golf courses. And even on rainy days there is no chance of boredom – the world-famous sights of the Salzburger Land and last but not least the Erlebnis-Therme Amadé ensure that.
Just a few of the summer excursion destinations around Altenmarkt
- Festival city Salzburg: Nearby (approx. 60 km): The festival city Salzburg can be reached in about half an hour by car
- Hohenwerfen Castle (approx. 16 km): Bird of prey show in the castle courtyard
- Open-air museum: Only a few kilometers from the city of Salzburg you can immerse yourself in the rural past.
- Liechtensteinklamm: One of the longest and deepest gorges in the Alps, the legendary Liechtensteinklamm
- Tappenkarsee: The wildly romantic high mountain lake at 1,763 m above sea level, a popular hiking destination for Alpenjuwel guests
- Grossglockner High Alpine Road: Rest at the Grossglockner High Alpine Road (toll station approx. 47 km): Ascent to the glacier Pasterze and the Hochtor (2,575 hm)
- Jägersee: high mountain reservoirs Kaprun
- Eisriesenwelt (approx. 20 km): The largest developed ice cave in the world
- Resting under the Sonnblick: 3,105 m, Hohe Tauern National Park
- Hochkönig: autumn hike to the Hochkönig 2.941 hm
You can reach these and many other destinations in the immediate vicinity of our Landhaus Alpenjuwel. Send us your non-binding inquiry right away.
S for summer, sporty and sun-kissed
In the summer our guests usually don’t stay indoors for long. Too many attractions are waiting to be discovered. Lace up your hiking boots and march directly away from home into your next mountain adventure. Discover our region by e- or mountain bike – a bike park is only a few minutes by car from our accommodation. Golf tip: Swing your iron on one of the approximately 17 golf courses, all of which can be reached in a short time.
Another important topic of our region on hot days: water. The Salzburger Land is famous for its many beautiful lakes. Between 3 and 90 kilometers from our accommodation, no less than 20 of these glittering waters provide a soothing cool-down. And should the weather not play along, nothing stands in the way of water fun thanks to the Erlebnis-Therme Amadé in Altenmarkt.